The Myer Foundation and Sidney Myer Fund support organisations, projects and initiatives that have a charitable purpose. We do not accept funding submissions from the following applicants:
- Private Schools
- ‘For-profit’ bodies
- State and Commonwealth Government bodies
- Political parties or their candidates
- Organisations based outside Australia
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous projects, funded by either The Myer Foundation or Sidney Myer Fund.
Furthermore, neither The Myer Foundation nor the Sidney Myer Fund make grants for the following activities:
- Personal living, education, medical or travel expenses
- Equipment for personal use
- Conferences (including the running of and attendance at)
- Retrospective funding
- Commercial activities
- Public appeals and fundraising strategies
- Applications identical to a previously submitted, unsuccessful application – with the exception of the Sidney Myer Creative Fellowships and Sidney Myer Performing Arts Awards where previously unsuccessful nominees may be nominated again in a subsequent year.