Sidney Myer Fund / GALFA Co-Funding Round
January 14th, 2016
The Sidney Myer Fund and Gay and Lesbian Foundation of Australia (GALFA) have joined to co-fund a project to enhance strategies for LGBTI ageing well. A grant of up to $15,000 will be available to support an initiative focusing on one or more of the following areas:
- physical wellbeing
- emotional wellbeing
- independent living
- inter-generational support
Applications are invited for nationally applicable projects taking place over a one to two year period through either:
- Community development
- Education initiatives
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field
- Events or conferences.
In previous co-funding rounds grants have been awarded to the following initiatives:
- Helping Hand Aged Care in South Australia for Turn Up Your Voice – a project aiming to actively engage older LGBTI people in the planning, delivery and evaluation of ageing and aged care policies, programs and services.
- National LGBTI Health Alliance for Virtual Visitors – a project testing the feasibility of an online visitor scheme with LGBTI older people who are socially isolated and/or living alone, using LGBTI peers as visitors.
- Royal District Nursing Service for the development of training and professional development clinical resources for its community nursing, allied health and homecare staff to enhance their knowledge of and competence in responding to the health and well being needs of their transgendered and gender-diverse clients.