Arts & Humanities
Sidney Myer Creative Fellowships
The Sidney Myer Creative Fellowships provide unrestricted grants to individual artists, arts managers and thought leaders in the humanities. The Fellowships are intended for artists in their early, mid-career – to be eligible, nominees must be in the first seven to 15 years of their creative practice.
- Fellowships are awarded according to nominees outstanding talent and exceptional courage.
- Grant size:
- $160,000 (tax-free, over two years)
Sidney Myer Performing Arts Awards
The Awards were created to commemorate Sidney Myer’s life and his love for the arts. They intend primarily to enhance the status of performing arts in Australia and recognise outstanding achievements in dance, drama, comedy, music, opera, circus and puppetry.
- All aspects of creation and performance across all forms of drama, comedy, dance, music, opera, circus and puppetry. They do not include visual or plastic arts, crafts, film, electronic media or literature.
- The Individual Award ($60,000)
The Group Award ($90,000)
The Facilitator’s Prize ($25,000)
Capacity Building Stream
This program seeks to strengthen and grow the independent arts and cultural sector in Australia by granting money to ensembles/collectives/groups that are highly connected within their sector, and producing excellent work.
- Between $20,000 and $50,000, split into to payments, over two financial years.